Doctor and dieticians recommends that, the people who have diabetes they should be careful about what they eat. If you diagnosed with diabetic you should know which foods are harmful for your health. Here I am going to discuss about some food which you should avoid.
- The first thing you should avoid that is sugar, honey and artificial sweeteners. But you can take sweetener like stevia. It might be difficult for you to omit sugar from your menu at-once. I will suggest you to decrease sugar from your food menu gradually.
- You should stop eating sweets and chocolates. If you want to take chocolate then try to take continental dark chocolate and try to avoid those chocolates where sugar is the first named ingredient.
- Try to avoid the vegetables which contains large amount of carbohydrates and starch like- potatoes, carrots, peas, beans, parsnips and beet.
- You may take milk but in a limited quantity. You should also be careful about not to take too much tea or coffee and add sugar only that much which will need for the test.
- You should always avoid saturated fats like full tat dairy products, fatty meat, lard and butter. Always try to prefer unsaturated fats like corn oil, sunflower oil, olive oil and soy oil.
- Popcorn is another food what you should avoid. if you eat a cup of popcorn (buttered), it will not raise your blood sugar but if you eat a large amount of popcorn, that can raise your blood sugar.
- Try to avoid the fresh fruit juices which are highly concentrated carbohydrates. But if fruit juice are very much favorite to you, you may dilute one part of juice with two or three parts of water.
- Also avoid the fruits which carry extra sweet like mangoes, jackfruit, strawberry, grapes, sugarcane and watermelon.
- If you are addicted to alcohol, you have to strongly avoid this habit. It can elevate your blood sugar. So, you should avoid alcohol.